Set your sports industry career in motion with a bachelor’s in sport management degree.
The sports industry is larger — and has more opportunities — than ever. Sports teams, sports media outlets and firms, and even home fitness subscription companies are expanding and looking for business-minded professionals to help them grow. Whether you want to work in fitness, professional sports, recreation, media, or sales, a Bachelor of Science in Sport Management primes you to reach that goal. With a B.S. in sport management, you can unite your passion and the opportunity for a high-earning career in sports.
With two specializations and research- and project-based coursework, RSU’s Bachelor of Science in Sport Management program gives you an advantage in the sports industry. Here, you’ll learn how to help sports organizations succeed while gaining hands-on experience in the field — and skills transferable to almost any job.
B.S. in Sport Management Degree Requirements
As a major in sport management, you’ll take core courses in marketing, ethics, leadership, and event and facility management. You’ll then select a concentration based on your interests and goals and take courses related to your area of emphasis.
- Fitness Management Option:
If you choose the fitness management concentration, you’ll learn about nutrition, injury prevention, exercise physiology, and more. This coursework prepares you for a variety of careers in administration and management of athletic, health, and country clubs and for entry-level management positions at college and professional athletic organizations.
- Sport Business Option:
In this emphasis, you’ll learn the business side of sports, from accounting and human resources to economics. You’ll develop the administrative skills necessary to run organizations focused on sports activities, products, or services.
Sport Management Program Features
At RSU, becoming a major in sport management means gaining the opportunity to join an exciting and diverse field while learning essential skills in communication, marketing, finance, and more. Here’s what you’ll find in RSU’s degrees in sport management:
- Two in-demand specializations. Choose an emphasis in sport business or fitness management to learn industry-relevant skills and concepts in an area that fits your interests.
- On-campus, online, and hybrid options. Join us at one of our three campuses, complete some courses online, or choose a blended option to complete a degree that fits your needs and learning style.
- Preparation for careers in sport management — and graduate study. Whether you want to pursue careers in sport management after graduation or work toward your master’s degree, you’ll have a strong framework for either goal.
Why choose RSU for your sport management degree?
From the pride of being a Hillcat to the career opportunities that come with being a major in sport management, the benefits of choosing RSU are seemingly endless. Here’s just part of what sets RSU’s approach apart from other degrees in sport management:
- Faculty who know you by name. Experience RSU’s student-first approach in sport management courses featuring a 16:1 average student-to-faculty ratio. Our small course sizes allow you to make meaningful connections with your professor and classmates.
- Real-world experience. Gain job-relevant experiences in project-based courses and complete an internship at the end of your sport management program.
- Investment in your success. Avoid heavy student debt and gain access to the resources you need to succeed as a major in sport management. RSU is dedicated to creating an environment focused on the individual and, ultimately, your success — even beyond your time here.
What Hillcats have to say about RSU’s Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
“The RSU Sport Management Program has allowed me to follow my passion for sports, as well as given me a platform to utilize skills, learn new ones and gain experience to help further my career in the sport industry” – Zachary Primeaux, 2022, B.S. Sport Management
What can you do with a bachelor’s degree in sport management?
Following graduation, you can enter a variety of careers in sport management or pursue graduate study. Some of our graduates have found careers in sport management at professional sports organizations and in interscholastic athletic administration. Additional careers in sport management include:
- Facilities manager
- Fitness manager
- Game day or event coordinator
- Sport agent
- Sports marketing coordinator
Financial Aid for Sport Management Majors
At RSU we’re committed to helping our students pursue their degree, regardless of their financial situation. We offer several scholarships and financial aid opportunities for incoming RSU students, including the RSU Foundation and Zarrow Foundation scholarships. View financial aid, cost of attendance, and all scholarship opportunities.
Programs Related to B.S. in Sport Management
Kick off your career in sport management and join the Hillcat Nation!
Follow your passion for sports and find out why our students are proud to be Hillcats. Request information, apply to RSU, or visit the Hillcat Nation today!