Help Others Stay Active and Healthy in RSU’s Allied Health Sciences Program
Physical therapy, occupational therapy, and athletic training are vital to the health and success of others, whether in their daily lives or in sports. As an allied health sciences student at RSU, you’ll get ready to meet the needs of various groups affected by injuries, disorders, and other physical challenges.
Rogers State University prepares you to enter professional graduate programs in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and athletic training. We offer these concentrations to help you tailor your educational journey to your career goals. We also provide business classes as electives for Allied Health Sciences majors who are interested in positions as medical or health services managers.
B.S. in Allied Health Sciences Degree Requirements
At RSU, our allied health sciences courses provide foundational skills and knowledge in science and mathematics, in addition to the communications and liberal arts courses that will help you develop as a well-rounded health care provider who can communicate with patients and colleagues efficiently. Each Allied Health Sciences major chooses an emphasis based on their interests and skills:
- Pre-Physical Therapy Option:
The allied health sciences courses in our pre-physical therapy concentration will introduce you to clients’ physical needs. Allied Health Sciences majors will be prepared for graduate programs and careers helping others heal from injuries and remain safely active.
- Pre-Occupational Therapy Option:
As an Allied Health Sciences major specializing in occupational therapy, you’ll take courses covering a range of diverse topics as you learn to help clients recover from physical and mental illness and injuries.
- Pre-Athletic Training Option:
For Allied Health Sciences majors who prefer to work in the locker room and gym, our emphasis for athletic training will provide foundational skills in nutrition, exercise, and injury prevention that can lead to numerous careers and graduate programs.
Allied Health Sciences Program Features
As an Allied Health Sciences major at RSU, you’ll enjoy an educational experience unlike any other. Here are just a few of the reasons our allied health sciences degree stands out from others around the country:
- Three professional-preparation degree options. Choose from pre-athletic training, pre-physical therapy, and pre-occupational therapy to prepare for an advanced degree in the field that most interests you.
- Hands-on learning with experienced faculty. With over 130 combined years of experience in the field, faculty mentors bring the real world into their courses so you can apply the theory and methods you learn in the classroom to the work you’ll be doing every day as an allied health sciences professional.
- Top-notch lab environments. What is allied health sciences without access to the places you’ll be working in and the tools you’ll use throughout your career? Allied Health Sciences majors at RSU gain specialized knowledge through individualized placement at community and hospital-based clinics.
Why Choose RSU for Your Allied Health Sciences Degree?
As an Allied Health Sciences major at RSU, you’ll receive more than just a world-class education. Here are just some of the things that set us apart from other Allied Health Sciences degree programs:
- Individual academic support. Thanks to small and engaging Allied Health Sciences courses, you’ll work closely alongside distinguished faculty mentors who bring their years of professional experience into the classroom to guide you through every step of the journey to becoming an allied health sciences professional.
- Investment in you. As an Allied Health Sciences major at RSU, you’ve chosen to invest in yourself and your career. That’s why we invest in your academic and professional success by helping you avoid the burden of student debt as you earn your allied health sciences degree.
What Our Alumni Have to Say About RSU’s Allied Health Sciences Degree Program
“I chose RSU because of the small school size and getting the one-on-one connection with professors, rather than going to a bigger school and getting lost in the crowd.” – Maya Hildebrand, B.S. in Allied Health Sciences: Athletic Training
What Can You Do With an Allied Health Sciences Degree?
Allied health sciences is about providing the best care to patients of any age as they grow, recover from injury, or walk out on the field.
Your engaging and intensive allied health sciences courses will provide a strong foundation to build a career working in diverse settings such as rehabilitation facilities, school systems, athletic programs, clinics, and hospitals.
Financial Aid for the Allied Health Sciences Program
RSU has a long tradition of generous donations from alumni and friends to help support Allied Health Sciences majors on their academic journey. Every student in the Allied Health Sciences program should complete the Foundation Scholarships Application to be matched with the scholarships that are best for you.
View all financial aid opportunities for Allied Health Sciences students.
Programs Related to the Allied Health Sciences Program
If you’re considering joining the Allied Health Sciences program at RSU, you may be interested in learning more about these similar minors and majors:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Sport Management
- Minor in Sport Management
- Minor in Biology
Join RSU’s Allied Health Sciences Program and Find Your Dream Career
Ready to take the first step toward a meaningful and impactful career helping others live healthy and safe lives? Request information, visit campus, or apply to RSU today!