Protect individuals and organizations against cyberattacks. Prepare others for the future of computing.
A cybersecurity degree from Rogers State University empowers you to achieve more.
From essential infrastructure and stock trading to home shopping and children’s entertainment, we’re more online than ever. As concepts like cloud computing and remote work are increasingly being embraced by companies throughout the world, businesses and consumers rely on skilled security analysists to safeguard their privacy and security online.
Earning a Bachelor of Technology in Applied Technology – Cybersecurity and Information Assurance Option at Rogers State University will give you the advanced cybersecurity training and knowledge to enter one of the fastest-growing and most exciting career fields in the world.
You might be wondering, “What is cybersecurity?” At RSU, cybersecurity is the field of protecting networks, devices, and data from unauthorized access or illegal use. Cybersecurity at RSU is also about ensuring the privacy, integrity, and accessibility of information for everyone.
When you choose the cybersecurity degree option at RSU, you’ll take interactive cybersecurity courses taught by expert faculty dedicated to supporting cybersecurity majors like you—ensuring that you’ll graduate ready for diverse jobs in cybersecurity and network administration.
Cybersecurity Degree Degree Requirements
- Cybersecurity & Information Assurance Option❖:
Our Bachelor of Technology in Applied Technology includes a liberal arts foundation to help you develop a well-rounded skill set and the necessary soft skills in written and oral communication that can result in leadership positions. You’ll take specialized cybersecurity courses that cover topics such as investigation, criminal procedures, and the legal side of business.
Cybersecurity Degree Option Features
Specializing in a field such as cybersecurity at RSU will introduce you to foundational topics in network and data security in an engaging and rigorous program. In addition to our excellent cybersecurity training, you’ll also benefit from:
- Expertly designed cybersecurity courses. Our cybersecurity curriculum is based on the Committee on National Security Systems National Training Standard and Department of Homeland Security Essential Body of Knowledge for IT Security—meaning that you’ll receive cybersecurity training that’s recognized for meeting the highest standards for excellence in national and homeland defense.
- Cutting-edge resources. What is cybersecurity without the latest methods and software to prevent, fight, and resolve issues caused by cyberattacks? RSU’s cybersecurity program gives you access to the state-of-the-art hardware and software professionals use every day.
- Prepare for your career—or build a strong foundation for your next degree. When you study cybersecurity at RSU, you’ll be prepared for a broad range of jobs in cybersecurity and network administration, as well as for graduate education in cybersecurity or a related field. The expert cybersecurity training you’ll receive here will set you apart from every candidate.
Why Choose RSU for Your Undergraduate Cybersecurity Degree?
As a cybersecurity major at RSU, you’ll enjoy the advantage of studying at a large university with the individualized attention of a smaller university. Here are just some of the features that set RSU apart from other schools for cybersecurity:
- Personalized cybersecurity training. Thanks to the small sizes of our cybersecurity courses, you’ll get to work alongside leading cybersecurity faculty experts who prioritize their students’ academic and professional success.
- Real-world applications. Learn in a cybersecurity program that focuses on applying the theories and lessons you learn in class to real situations. Collaborate and lead others in projects designed to prepare for you exciting jobs in cybersecurity.
- An interdisciplinary department. Cybersecurity is about protecting others and prosecuting those who break laws relating to cyberattacks and national defense. RSU’s Department of Technology and Criminal Justice hosts a Criminal Justice Society that can give you experience of the legal system from every stage of the process.
What Our Alumni Have to Say About RSU’s Cybersecurity Degree Option
Our alumni are currently employed at Conoco, Google, Amazon, OG&E, MassMutual, etc. and one of our recent graduates (2022), Amanda Forsyth asserts that “As a cybersecurity major, I know I have hands on experience with some of the most used cyber-programs in the career field, knowledge backed by educators with real-world experience in their fields of study and have established strong connections with fellow graduates. The future of this degree program is a bright one, with even more things in store for prospective students.”
What Can You Do With a Cybersecurity Degree?
You may still be wondering, “What is cybersecurity and what kinds of jobs can I find with a degree in it?” With RSU’s cybersecurity training, you’ll dive into sophisticated techniques to identify and stop nearly every type of cyberattack possible. To best prepare you for jobs in cybersecurity and network administration, our cybersecurity courses align to the six major domains of CompTIA Security+.
Earning a cybersecurity degree from RSU will prepare you for one of the fastest-growing career fields in the country. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that jobs in cybersecurity and information security will grow 35% by 2031—that’s more than triple the national average for all other occupations.
When you graduate with your undergraduate cybersecurity degree from RSU, you’ll be prepared for many entry-level jobs in cybersecurity and related fields, including:
- Information security analyst
- Information security specialist
- Digital forensic examiner
- IT auditor
- Computer network defense analyst
- Systems administrator
- Network tester
- Network technician
Financial Aid for Cybersecurity Majors
You’ve made a huge decision to dedicate your education and career to protecting the online data of individuals, organizations, and nations. Earning a cybersecurity degree is an investment not only in yourself but also in the futures of those you’ll help protect from cyberattacks. That’s why we invest in you and your academic success through generous financial aid and scholarships.
Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine what federal, state, and institutional aid you qualify for.
Programs Related to the Cybersecurity Degree
As you consider cybersecurity training at RSU, you may also be interested in these programs as a minor or double major:
- Minor in Technology and Justice Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Business Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Justice Administration
Invest in Yourself and the Future of Computing With a Cybersecurity Degree From RSU
There’s never been a better time to earn a cybersecurity degree and start preparing from jobs in cybersecurity and network administration. Still wondering, “What is cybersecurity and how can I get started in it?” Request information, visit campus, and apply to RSU to start your professional journey!
R. Curtis Sparling, Assistant Professor
“Computer and information technology is one of the fastest growing fields in the nation. The Department of Labor anticipates nearly half a million new jobs by 2024, which is faster than the average for all other occupations, and we are uniquely qualified to prepare students to work within this field. All of our faculty have prior experience in the subject they’re teaching and remain current with emerging technologies. As many of our students work full-time, they appreciate the flexibility our technology classes offer both on campus and online. At RSU, we truly value real-world experience and practical application of this growing field of study.